Well, I thought I should at some point wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I know that I haven't posted anything new lately, we have been pretty busy, and quite frankly, there hasn't been a whole lot of photo ops going on, but we have had a good week or two.
Sometimes Thanksgiving gets overshadowed by Christmas, but this year I don't want that to happen. I must confess, I did get out the Christmas music! But I only listened to ONE CD and it was an instrumental, so I don't think that should count!
We are headed to Wyoming to see the kiddos. I am very thankful that we can do this. It will be good to see them, but too short a visit. I miss them alot. So instead of getting sad about how much I miss them, I will write a list of what I am thankful for. It won't be comprehensive!
1. I am thankful for my family. All of you!
2. I am thankful for my husband (and for my mom and dad, who made us get married even when we got cold feet and cancelled the wedding on Thanksgiving day 1983)
3. I am thankful for Thomas -who married Kristine. He completes her. They are definately better together than apart!
4. I am thankful for Alena - who married Nick. She loves him just like he is. I remember thinking after I met her the first time, "she should meet Nick." Remarkably, I had nothing to do with them getting together.
5. I am thankful for Andrew - he allows me to grow and see Christ everyday.
6. I am thankful for Sam - he makes me laugh and reminds me that God knows exactly what He is doing even when I didn't want to be pregnant with my fourth child.
7. I am thankful for my church family - those in Oregon, Montana,Wyoming and even in Illinois. Today was the first time Brett and I stayed after church visiting with people. It proves we know people now.
8. I am thankful for the missionaries and Regional Directors and Home Office staff of AMF. They are dedicated people, eager to spread God's word, even if it means doing the hard thing.
9. I am thankful for my relationship with my family - my sisters, my dad, my brother and my own kids. How great to have a family who loves each other. (no fistfights at the holiday gatherings).
10. I am mostly thankful for my relationship with Jesus. It never ceases to amaze me that He loves me in spite of my complaining, whining and general sinfulness. I am like pure, white snow in His eyes. Thank you, Father, for the love of Your Son.
So, that sums up my Thanksgiving thoughts. Sorry it was long, but I hope that it makes you think about what you are thankful for!
Have a wonderful holiday!