Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's been awhile!

I know it has been awhile since I have updated this blog, but it has been busy. I haven't been able to sit at my desk too comfortably until this week (because of my knee). So, here we go!
I put these pictures on my facebook page, but for those of you NOT on facebook (and you know who you are...) here are the pictures of Andrew's 18th birthday! Can you all believe it? He is an adult. That is totally scary!
We don't really do birthday cake at our house, so we had ice cream instead. Andrew picked out cookies and cream and we put one of my votive candles on it. (No birthday candles to be found!)

We had presents...this is the Disney Scene it game...He rocks at this! So if you come to visit, we will test your Disney trivia...if you have the stomach for it!

It was a Star Wars birthday. Andrew must own enough Star Wars figures to populate his own universe. Come to think of it, since he seems to live in his own universe most of the time, he probably does. I can hear those Star Wars fans out there saying "too many star wars figures? You can never have too many star wars figures".
Trust me, you can.

Legos from Nick and Alena - always a hit. If you combined the Legos star wars and the regular star wars....yikes!
Val and Joe came from Waukegan to visit! We loved having relatives...Val is Sam and Andrew's cousin. It was fun. Joe is an awesome guitar player and he and Sam jammed for a bit. Val is always fun to have around! We got all caught up!
Just so you know...Andrew is a legal adult now, but I am petitioning the court here for guardianship. We are in the process and will let you know how things go. I don't anticipate any problems. It is all a new learning experience for me. The Sheriff will come to the house and subpeona Andrew. Brett and I thought about staging a fight on the front lawn so that when the Sheriff comes, the neighbors would think we were getting in trouble....but we decided that it wouldn't be good for the reputation of the mission...or our family....
I will try to post more soon. My second job starts really in earnest this week, so I am busier. Will try to get more pictures from Christmas up...
oh, Happy New Year!





2 comments:

Debbie said...

What exactly are your jobs again?? I forget.

Brett and Cindy said...

I work for Brett as the Regional Office Secretary - 15 hours per week or more....I also work for the Illinois Federation of Families as a Parent Mentor - working with families and school personnel of kids with special needs. I am kind of a helper/liason for the parents and teachers. It is interesting!!