Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas is finally here!

Christmas Eve is finally here. I think that I am ready! Today was the first day I really felt the peace of Christmas. I woke up this morning to snow falling down. Beautiful, fluffy snow. It is perfect snowman and snowball snow!
I have been reading the book The Christ of Christmas by Calvin Miller. It has been helpful and refreshing. I needed to focus on Christ, not on me or my situation. The book talks about praise lifting us from our own selfishness. About focusing on the Christ-child, our Savior and King. In the moments that we do that, we are truly experiencing the gift of Christmas.
I have put some picture on of our Christmas adventures.
Here I am, at the Candlelight service of the Evangelical Free Church of Mt. Morris. It was a very nice service. The adult choir and the children's choir sang.Our Pastor, Bruce McKanna. The Adult Choir, Brett singing bass. I didn't get to sing. I couldn't really stand up well and it was hard enough just to be there. But it was very nice! The snow on Christmas eve. It is so pretty. Although, for those who have to shovel, it isn't so nice. I always think of the the hymn, Whiter than Snow.

Our backyard. The dog is up to her chest when she goes out.
We have at least a foot on our porch roof!
Many Blessings to you and yours this Christmas Eve. I hope that when you read the Christmas story, you are impressed again with the joy and love that came down at Christmas!
Much love,
Cindy and the boys

Sorry about the lack of a tuba video. It is awaiting editing by Brett. Then I will post it as soon as possible.














No comments: