Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas time is officially here!

I don't think that the Christmas season really begins at our house until the Christmas sugar cookies get made! It is a big deal. We use Grandma Arnold's (I think) recipe...it is great! They are thick and chewy and really, really addictive! Then there is the decorating! I mix, roll and bake but I don't frost by myself! Sam and Brett helped this time. Sam and I are pretty fast, but Brett likes his cookies "just so".

"Cookies, yay!"

Sam and I are ready to go!

We cut them out first. We did stockings, snowmen, trees, stars, bells and people.Ready to frost!
Partly frosted. It takes a long time....
Sam is tired of frosting. But at our house if you want to eat them, you frost!

I always try to make Brett a big cookie. This year was a tree. He was a little sad because we didn't have red hots.
First, you frost...then add the sprinkles and other good stuff!


READY TO EAT!

Now it is Christmastime for sure!!


















1 comment:

JenV said...

I want the recipe! Merry Christmas!