Monday, May 25, 2009

Baby Robins

Right outside of my office window is a Robin's nest. It has been so cool to watch the birds build it, then sit on the eggs and the other day I noticed a bright yellow beak sticking up. So I climbed up on the roof...yes, I did... and took some pictures.
Isn't this sweet?
At first I thought there was only the one, because I couldn't see around the tree branch!

But then I went upstairs and looked out Sam's window and look at that! There are 3 of the little tweethearts! I am sorry about the quality of picture, I couldn't get the screen out.


There is Mama Robin. She saw me on the roof and I am thinking she thought that I was a very large and clumsy cat. So she watched me pretty close. Every once in a while, she would fly to a branch a little ways from the nest and start to tweet. After a little bit a few more Robins would be sitting in tree branches around me. I guess she thought that she had to call for reinforcements!This picture cracked me up! I held really still and focused the camera. She would land on the nest and then peer around at me. Wonder what she is thinking?

No comments: