Monday, September 22, 2008

The Demon Squirrel of Emily Street...

Yep, he's back. The demon Squirrel of Emily Street. (for those of you who don't like musicals, you won't get my clever take on the Demon Barber of Fleet Street, s'okay. Not everyone knows all the musicals ever written....Kris...)
Today Sam and I were outside and we noticed the squirrel and friends are back. They were up in the trees, zipping around...then I let the dog out. She is too whimpy to ever try to get one, but they don't know that, not yet anyway. So all the chattering stopped and one was stranded in a tree with no where to go. He stopped and stared at us while his friends chattered at us from up a different tree. I tried to get a picture, but he blends in way too well with the branches. He finally took the risk and zipped up the tree to the top of the roof of our house. Later, Sam was out climbing on the roof (yes, we let him) and the squirrel threw something at him. I can't help but be reminded of the Donald Duck and Chip n' Dale cartoons. They are too funny!
Does anyone remember Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers? That was a huge hit at my house.

I was eating dinner tonight when I had the oddest feeling. It was like looking into the future. I looked at Sam and saw him ten years from now... He is changing so fast and I guess it is weird because he is my baby. His voice has changed, he's sportin' a 'stash and he sounds like a real teenager. I still see the cute little boy who made us all laugh, now he is a big kid, who still makes us laugh. When did he get to be so old? And when do I start feeling old??

Enough nostalgia!

Life in the small town is growing on me.
What I like about it:
It is quiet.
Cars don't zip by.
Everyone says hello.
I can ride my bike.

What I don't like:
It is a half hour drive to anywhere with a decent grocery store, so I really have to make a good list.
Our neighbor has a loud motorcycle and he comes home at 11:00 PM.
It is too quiet.
No quilt stores.
No book stores. I really miss the Book Exchange....
Only a few resturants.
No movie theater.
No Nick and Alena or Kris and Thomas.

Well, the neighbor just roared in so it must be bedtime.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I remember Chip and Dale and Donald Duck. I can picture the squirrel antics quite well. :o) I think God gave us squirrels to make us laugh.

Kelli said...

That squirrel! Once you get a decent picture of him, you could make a scrapbook page about him filled with these funny stories.

By the way, I love Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. They used to be on TV will things like Goof Troop, Ducktales, Talespin, and Darkwing Duck. Those are all some of my favorite shows!