Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Purple Beans

One of the joys of my small town is my Wednesday afternoon visits to the Farmer's Market at the Library parking lot! On my very first visit there, I found something I had never seen before.


Purple Beans!


Yep, really purple. They are the best tasting beans in the world and they are really fun to watch cook! I took this picture the last time we had them, but Brett said it was pretty gross looking. They do kind of look like alien creatures.....


Anyway, if you get a chance, check out purple beans. The man who sells them to me always has a great story to share. Lately, he's been talking about the magnetic sticks he uses to keep the beans fresh....apparently, they are some sort of new technology... hmm, what did I say about looking like aliens??

1 comment:

Emmy said...

Looks like what we called purple hulled peas down South??? But we would take the peas out of the center??? I'm going to have to hunt for these purple beans - maybe the Ortlings would more readily consume beans that are purple (esp. the boys - the alien thing might sell them on it :)!!