Monday, March 16, 2009

Our Lady of Perpetual Help

Brett and I had decided when we moved to Montana that we would see as many of the sights we could see. We didn't see much of Montana when we lived there, we were too busy, so we make it a point to read our little local newspaper to see what there is to offer.
Along with the Sublette Tractor show, there was a quilt show and an open house at the Catholic church. I don't know how the Catholics name their churches. I would be interested to know where this one got it's or her name. Anyway, this church reminds me alot of St. Ignatius in Montana, without the painted ceiling. It is a gorgeous building.

The Stations of the Cross are all these plaster sculptures. They are beautiful, but like Brett said, theologically inaccurate. And I noticed, no resurrection station.

The stained glass is from Germany. It is beautiful.

The church is hushed and reverent. I bet it has GREAT acoustics! I think I would have loved to sing there, but the ladies who were hosting the open house wouldn't have liked it. Not that I would sound bad....

In the Rectory, there was a quilt show. Of course, I had to go! It was fun. The quilts were nice, but the house was unbelievable! It was so gorgeous! This quilt was tiny strips of fabric, mostly silks and was made in the 1890's.
This was my favorite. I love the wedding ring pattern. It wasn't a big one, but was really pretty with all the colors. I love quilt shows.



1 comment:

JenV said...

What a fun day! I really like the quilts!