Monday, March 16, 2009

The Sublette Tractor and Toy Show...

Sublette is a small town in Illinois whose claim to fame is the Sublette Tractor and Toy Show. When we read this, we thought, "well, a toy show could be fun!" So we drove down to Sublette to check it out!

The ever present water tower. Someday, I am going to make a coffee table book all about water towers.
There were semi trucks of all sizes, shapes and colors! They were gorgeous!

I liked this one! Way cool and WAY HUGE!
Brett liked this one the best.

Now, let's talk tractors. In Sublette, the tractor of choice seemed to be the Minneapolis-Moline. There were some others, but MM tractors seemed to be the big thing!

They have such character! The movie "CARS" comes to mind, with the tractors in the field and 'Mater herding them around!

They have cool paint jobs too.


Now, when they said "toys", they actually meant "farm toys". And boy, did they have toys! Tractors and semis and hot wheels and whatever else you could think of. They also had collectibles from the companies, like John Deere and MM.

A pretty nifty collection. Brett thinks that these are probably just toy collections that got out of hand, so the wife said that he had to sell them!
These kid sized tractors were my favorite! They are so cool.
Then there were the big boys toys. Let me tell you, they had some pretty nice tractors and combines. Makes farming look almost easy!

This was the oldest one there. It had steel wheels and looked pretty indestructable. Unless it got caught in the mud!
Tim the Toolman would be impressed with the More Power logo!

Oliver is another big manufacturer.

This was just so pretty. I liked the blue! ( I am such a girl!)


Even real men need to read the instruction book, according to John Deere!

I like the grill!


You can't have a tractor show without a John Deere.

That is me, underneath the sprayer thingy. I am not sure what you call it, but it was huge! Pretty amazing. The things on the side fold out - WAAAAAY out - and then they spray the fields. Although you can't see him, there is a little boy under there with me. We were fascinated.
Needless to say, Brett and I had a very nice day. We got lunch for $4 at the 4H booth. Brett bought some old Andy Griffith trading cards and I got a cool John Deere tractor key chain. You can't beat a spring Sunday afternoon at the Tractor Show....next week...the auction!

2 comments:

suzie said...

well i have never been to a tractor show, and it certainly looks like a hotbed of excitement....i would rather be doing legos with Andrew i think ;)
man your camera takes great pictures tho.

Brett and Cindy said...

I love my camera! I enjoyed the tractor show because I got to be with Brett!