Saturday, August 22, 2009

Byron Days

Welcome to Small Town, USA! Home of the ByronFest Parade. While Cherie and Sue were here, Brett, Andrew, Cherie and I took in the parade and Quilt Show at the ByronFest. Byron is a small town about 12 miles from us. We saw a very nifty parade and Andrew won some prizes at the carnival! Lots of cute kids at the parade.

Andrew loves the clowns. He's seen these guys a couple of times since we see so many parades. But he still loves 'em!

The obligatory bagpiper.
Now as I look at this pictures, I kind of wonder what the lady on the left in the background is doing?

Okay, Andrew loved these guys! I just had to wonder what kind of "manliness" it takes to put on lycra suits and walk in a parade...but I do think the utility belts are pretty cool.

The actors from the community theater - can you guess what show they are doing?
Toto is pretty cute!

And the stilt walker! He was pretty good. It was a very hot and muggy day!

We are such party animals! Andrew won a shark and a duck. Really, he won them, not Brett. I think it was the bottle ring toss - once he finds the sweet spot, he can make it every time!

No comments: