Thursday, August 28, 2008

The squirrel that hates me...

I have heard stories in the past about squirrels that hate people, but I haven't experienced it for myself until yesterday as I was putting out the dog. We have a big (think HUGE) oak tree at the side of the house that is occupied by a variety of small animals including one extremely irritated squirrel. Now I am not sure what I did to irritate him, but he is very cranky. So I am putting out the dog, untangling her leash and suddenly I hear some chattering and squirrel swearing! Now I know that he was cussing me out just by the tone of voice! Anyhoo, he looks right at me, chitters away in squirrel and when I just ignore him and turn away....he throws a nut at me! I am not kidding. It landed inches from my head, right on the outdoor table! I will try to get pictures of him being a bad squirrel, just so someone will believe me. Brett doesn't...oh, if the dog could only talk! Then, this morning as I was headed out to get the mail, I hear the same cranky squirrel in the tree out front! He is out to get me, I am sure of that! Brett said it is okay, that we have a pellet gun....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA!!! I believe you, Cindy ;)

Debbie said...

My mom has a lasting fear of squirrels (f.o.s.) from "an incident" that happened when she was a girl. One of her friends had a pet squirrel and, one day when mom came to visit, the unseen squirrel jumped off of the curtain rod and landed on my mom. She loves them....but only from a distance! If they get too close, forget it!