Sunday, April 12, 2009

Fun times at Lego Land!

As some of you know, the Belleque's are HUGE lego fans. We love them all and it stems from a childhood of sitting on my grandma's floor with my cousins playing with the basic building blocks. We made people, houses and animals from those red, white and blue legos. It is a wonderful memory. Now, however, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Castles and Bionicles are the mainstays of our lego collection. (which are very well organized by size and color - thanks to Brett!)
So, it was with great joy that Brett and I did reconnaissance on the Legoland Discovery Center in the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, Illinois. Brett has already put some of these pictures on Facebook, so I am putting my favorites on the blog! The front entrance is guarded by a very large giraffe made of legos. Even the lightpole is made of legos (not the pole itself, but the lamps and base) It is pretty dang impressive!
I love the daisys in her hair!

After waiting in line for quite awhile, we finally got to go and see the lego sites. The first room is a lego downtown Chicago. this is Navy Pier. For those who were with us on the trip to Chicago a couple of years ago, we were here! Actually, Brett and I had our picture taken in the lower left corner on the pier at that time. I am a huge fan of minatures, so this room was way too much fun. I could have spent alot more time there. I'm sure I missed alot.
One of the large churches in Chicago. It was so cool!
The fountain was pretty neat. I love the water. It would light up when the room darkened and it became "night" in Chicago.

The Pier, all lit up!

My favorite, R2D2.
This was an awesome trip. We can't wait to take the boys back. It was so much fun.
If you come to visit, we will take you!
Check out Brett's pictures on his Facebook page.







2 comments:

Emmy said...

SO COOL! We'll have to stop by on our way back to MT (after our fall sabbatical)!!

JenV said...

This was great to see! We are going to legoland in SanDiego this May.