Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fall colors in Illinois

It has been an absolutely gorgeous fall here in Illinois. I know that some of you are having cold weather and snow, but here most days have been sunny and brisk, with that great smell in the air that comes from autumn leaves and all that fresh air. We have really enjoyed the fall colors here and I haven't really missed driving through the University of Montana campus and looking at the trees there. Soon it will be time for Sam to climb up on the roof and clean out the gutters!This is up at the Stronghold. The camera really doesn't capture how beautiful the leaves are.
This is a bush outside my back door. It is such a vibrant red!

I caught the Canadian geese in this picture by accident. They are all flying south!



Blackhawk looks pretty good surrounded by all that color! I was standing across the river when I took this picture! I am loving my new camera!



This is the wide angle lens on my camera. It shows how far away I was when I took the shot. The river was so still that day and the reflection was so cool!
The pillar of cloud you see isn't really a cloud, it is Lenny (one of the cooling towers at the nuclear power plant outside of Oregon). Andrew named the two towers Lenny and Squiggy.




1 comment:

abbyrp said...

I always thought nothing could beat fall in Missoula until I moved to CT. You're pictures are beautiful, but I know what you mean about the camera not capturing all the beauty. So, when are you and Brett coming to CT? :)